"Do this in remembrance of Me." 1 Corinthians 11:24
Understanding the Eucharist
The Eucharist is the REAL presence of Jesus! The celebration of the Eucharist or Communion can be further understood as a sacrifice and a meal. The Holy Eucharist is the Sacrament in which Jesus Christ gives Himself, His Body and Blood, for each of us and to each of us.
The Eucharist is the Source and Summit of our Christian life which was celebrated for the first time by Jesus at the Last Supper. We are each called by Jesus to continue this celebration together; “Do This in Remembrance of Me.”
Preparing for First Communion
First Communion at St. Thomas Aquinas Church is scheduled annually for the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of Easter. There is NO COST for preparation.
If you are unsure if your child is ready to begin preparation to receive Jesus Christ though the Eucharist, please contact the Director of Faith Formation, Deone Parnell, at 651-459-2131 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may want to consider the following:
- Has my child received the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
- Is my child in 2nd grade or above?
- Is my child at least 7 years old?
- Has my child attended Faith Formation or have I taught my child about the Catholic faith at home?
- Does my child attend Mass?
- Does my child have special needs or circumstances that I would like to discuss before beginning preparation?
Here is the Information and Photo Release Form.
Here is a First Communion & First Reconciliation Preparation Booklet.
Here is a Prayer Partner Worksheet that we would like each child receiving First Communion & First Reconciliation to fill out.