Because we believe marriage is sacred and permanent, we want to help prepare engaged couples for a life long commitment together, not just the wedding day. Here are the steps for the Sacrament of Marriage at St. Thomas Aquinas.
- Be registered as an adult in the parish and an active participant in the sacramental life of the parish.
- At least eight months prior to the proposed wedding date, make an appointment with the Pastor to discuss the wedding and set the date of the wedding.
- Meet with the Wedding Coordinator to learn about the marriage preparation program – either at a group meeting or individually.
- Attend a retreat for the engaged.
- Meet with a Marriage Preparation Ministry Mentor Couple – usually four to five times.
- Meet with parish musicians to discuss music to be used at the wedding liturgy.
- One final meeting with the Pastor or Deacon to discuss music, the wedding day plans, and any other issues that might arise during the preparation.
- Work with the assigned Wedding Coordinator to finalize the wedding plans, the rehearsal, and any other issues.
For more information on wedding fees at St. Thomas Aquinas click here.